Wednesday 27 April 2011

Another Special Delivery.

Look what we found last night just before we were going to bed. We missed the actual birth by minutes as the Foal was still soaking wet, we think he was born at approx 11.30 - 11.45pm.
The first three pictures were taken last night, the rest I took early this morning. If you click on them, they should pop up bigger.
He seems full of Beans this morning and has been bouncing around the stable, like a little lamb!
He has the most beautiful colouring, Cream Dun with a darker Dorsal stripe.
You can only imagine the relief to have another live Foal. I've been having a cuddle this morning. He's gorgeous.
I think the Boys want to call him Demetrius, which means lover of the earth, given to the Earth goddess Demeter.
He's out in the field with his Mum Lemoney, at the moment, meeting his new play mate Dioynsus and soaking up the Sunshine. Ben's just gone up there with the Camera, so I'm looking forward to seeing what pictures he's able to get..





2 comments:

Helen said...

What a beautiful new baby. I am so happy for you ツ

Helen said...

What a beautiful new baby. I am so happy for you ツ

Related Posts with Thumbnails