Wednesday 12 May 2010

So Sad....


Today is a very, very sad day.
We have had to have the Vet out to put Muffy, one of our Ponies (Barney's Mum) to sleep.
She's been very poorly over the last few weeks and has had a very rapid weight loss. We've tried everything, to get her well and to get her interested in eating and earlier this week we really thought we had cracked it and she'd started eating a little, with the help of the Vet giving her supplements, Vitamin injections and Antibiotics, blood tests and me picking buckets of grass for her and tempting her with any feed that we could get her to eat.
Unfortunately this morning, she went down and no amount of trying could get her to stand up. I checked her mouth and her gums, which were very white, so I came indoors and rang the Vet and he came straight away, we felt it was kinder for him to put her to sleep, then her just to lay there and fade away.

Here is the link to the poem below, which I've copied and pasted over onto my blog.
Rainbow Bridge.

The Rainbow Bridge For Horses


Author Unknown



By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
when their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
is a place where beloved creatures find rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
til The Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
for here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed.
Their bodies have healed with strength imbued.

They trot through the grass without even a care,
til one day they whinny and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes sharp and alert.
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the herd.

For just at that second, there's no room for remorse.
As they see each other...one person...one horse.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart
has turned to joy once more in each heart.
They nuzzle with a love that will last forever.
And then, side-by-side, they cross over...together.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Debbie- I am so sorry to read this. It is never easy to say goodbye to a cherished friend. My heart goes out to you and your family ♥

Anonymous said...

Our animals have a part of our heart and when we lose them a part of our heart goes with them. My thoughta are with you my friend on this sad day. But she will be waiting at the rainbow bridge.

Crafts From The Stash said...

Debs I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of such a cherished pet. My love and hugs to you and your family.

Lorra Luffies

Debie xxxxxxxxxx

Jan Mader said...

My heart goes out to you too. Please come visit my blog. I'm an animal lover with horses and all kinds of dogs. Not a day goes by when I don't think of one that I have lost...they are all so special...

Kate said...

Oh dear Debbie, so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry about Muffy. You did the right thing, of course. Poor dear. My condolences to you and your family. We've sure been through a lot this year, haven't we? Hugs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails